Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Metaphor Ever After

Affection of words is anemone silence
in tidal chaos

The metaphor I like most is
Happily ever after
As if all of language was
the tenderness of birds

Even raptor sex
dissolves in death spirals

One church built upon another
Replacing church with church.

The words I worship most dissolve into love.

*

That I love you means
recognized impermanence
That I let you, fellow raptor,
tear at me with want and loathing.

I planted sunflowers by the gate
but left before the flower.
Did I not cleave earth for seeds to flourish?

When is it enough? That my
head will crumble next to yours
under the heft of stones?
…to become the dust of pigeon wings

I cannot promise what words will do to me.
Love and love
Church and church
The death parting.




(I'm looking for a title and comments)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home