Monday, January 03, 2005

Red States

I imagine cutting myself tonight
Letting out America. I imagine my arms spread like
Jesus with his arms blown off in war.
You think
the cut would be the wrist in
A pristine enamel tub, but you are wrong
I imagine
My white forearms spread with a knife, but
One is not my hand, maybe it is you that cuts me America.
But I am cutting
And we are there with our white, white skin
Thin and young with this mouth built like a bruise and I cut the blue vein
With the point
Letting out America letting out the red under the white and blue. It is red.
Very red cutting me, cutting.
Letting out America all over the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red States

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Poem for Lilith?

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home